Whether you are planning a holiday in Cornwall after the current situation with coronavirus is over, or you live in Cornwall, this is where you can find your own Cornwall in Books – guide books and maps, whodunnits and crime novels, modern and historical novels, classic literature, romantic fiction and holiday reads – all books set in Cornwall.
There are books to suit everyone.
- Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca to The Salt Path
- The Poldark series to The Cornish Café series
- PD James to Rosamunde Pilcher
There are books featuring photography of Cornwall’s fantastic coastline, and guide books and maps to lead you around the great county.
Below are some favourites. Or you can use the bar at the top of the page to find different types of books (or maps).
We use Amazon to send the books out to you. (We do this under an ‘affiliate links’ scheme, which means that a small amount of what you pay Amazon is passed on to ourselves – you can see more on our Terms, Conditions and Privacy page).
If you have any suggestions for more books to feature just let us know.
Cornwall in Books
Novels set in Cornwall
Follow these links for more information on novels set in Cornwall:
- Modern novels, holiday reads, romantic fiction and historical novels set in Cornwall
- Whodunnits and crime novels
- Classic literature
- Children’s books
Or for speed, you can go straight to buy using the Amazon link buttons here:
Cornwall History, Heritage and Factual Books and Cornish Biographies
Below are some of the most read Cornish local history and heritage books, or facts and curiosities books. Click here to read more:
Or for speed, you can go straight to buy using the link buttons here:
Cornish Guide Books and Maps
You can see all the guide books and maps for Cornwall here, including some of the favourites below:
Photographic Books of Cornwall
See more photographic and pictorial books here.
Where in Cornwall?
Just some examples of where in Cornwall some of the novels are set:
- The house of Manderley in Daphne du Maurier’s novels is based on her own home, Menabilly, which is near Fowey.
- The Poldark novels are set in North Cornwall.
- ‘Zennor in Darkness’ is set in, well, Zennor, also on the north coast of Cornwall near St Ives.
- Going to Padstow? Try Rick Stein’s autobiography.
The books below follow – in very different ways – the South West Coast Path from Minehead in Somerset, all the way through North Devon, Cornwall and South Devon, finishing in Dorset:
- The South West Coast Path guide book from Cicerone
- The Salt Path, by Raynor Winn
- Travels With Boogie: 500 Mile Walkies, by Mark Wallington
- while Careless in Red, the Inspector Linley whodunnit, has a different take on the South West Coast Path!
Links to Articles and Blogs on Cornwall’s Books
You can read more about some of Cornwall’s literary connections here: